Monday, June 11, 2007

Small Workbench #6 - Complete

Well, I got the vise installed. I used red oak for the vice face for two reasons. The primary reason is that I've never installed a vice before and it was my test piece. The second reason is I liked the way it eventually worked so it graduated to my workpiece and the finished product.

A quick test drive of the system for cutting some tails and it's 100% success. The vice racks more than I hoped, but this procedure doesn't involve extreme vise pressure and a like thickness piece in the opposite end compensates for the problem.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Dmitri said...

Nice work. I think you might be interested to have a look on - social hobby network. You can show what your hobby is all about, meet like-minded people and share your experiences as well. Plus you can get free exposure for your work too.

All the best,