Thursday, April 19, 2007

Entertainment Centre Part 3


I got the face frames on the boxes, cut the false front and attached them and flush trimmed the edging tonight. The drawers are fit with their slides and I have the two ends of the apron doweled and glued. I'll head back down to the shop, tonight, and glue the long stretchers of the apron to have it complete. I'll wait until tomorrow or Saturday to attach it to the base. At that point the project is ready for the finishing room. As I stated before, I'm going to finish the components and then assemble them at my parents house. This thing will be way to heavy to get into their basement by myself.

I went back down to the shop and finished the glueup on the apron. Final assembly is just a day or so away. I'll post once I start finishing.

As always, complete construction shots with captions are in my Latest Project Picasa Album.

Thanks for looking!

I'll have to give the shop a good cleanup before finishing. The flush trim bit made a mess. I'm really going to consider a Festool router. I'm getting tired of the mess. I have some Festool products on order. I hoped to give them a whirl before I get too carried away with going "green."

No comments: