Saturday, April 21, 2007

Entertainment Centre Part 4


Well, the drawer boxes, top, base, legs and aprons are all stained. I used Varathane Gel Stain. I like using it. I've had good luck with it. The color is Early American. It's a little darker than I liked, but the Honey Oak color they have looks like hell.

I'll stain the drawers when I can free up some bench space. They will be the toughest to finish because of all the detail nooks and crannies. I'll get some poly on everything, take it on site for final assembly, and then do a wipe on coat of poly once there.

I should have it off the bench and in it's new home late next week. I figure 4 nights of finishing left.

I'm anxiously awaiting my Festool order. It should arrive next week. A Domino, an MFT 1080 and a TS55. Check out my Tool Blog for info on those. Then I have to update the lathe...probably a Nova 1624-44. Anyway, back at it...

Cheers!

No comments: